Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Found Lovin'

I know it is mad bootleg for me to be posting this week's Throwback! late into Tuesday evening and for that I apologize. To make it up to y'all, I brought my A-game with this week's edition:



The Fatback Band is often slept on, in my opinion. More known for their hits "Do The Bus Stop" "Let's Do it Again" "Spanish Hustle" and "Backstrokin," they made a lot of good quality funk and disco jams in the 70's. The Fatback Band is also credited recording the first rap song entitled"King Tim III" on the B side of "You're My Candy Sweet" in the spring of 1979. (Sugar Hill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" came out later that summer.)

"I Found Lovin" was one of their later singles, topping the charts in 1984. It's my favorite song by them. I like the swing and the obvious influence of the funk style of the 80's. While most of Fatback's hits came in the previous decade, they proved their talents by beautifully molding into the sound of the 80's but also still staying true to their funk and disco blend. For those of you hosting a BBQ this weekend, you better remember to include this jam on your playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...