Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Birthday You Sexy Motherf*cker!



Sisters and brothers, I must announce that today is a very special edition of Throwback Tuesdays! Today marks the birthday of the Man, the Myth, the Legend...Prince! I'm still trying to find my rhythm with writing these Throwbacks but I can ease myself with this one because this artist doesn't even need an introduction, a bio or anything. He's fuckin Prince!!!


This is probably the best terrible movie EVAH! With a performance like the one above, I can't imagine why the Oscars passed him by that year.


THIS IS THE BEST PRINCE SONG EVAH! Point. Blank. Period. Yo, I'm in my basement, sippin', eating cheese doodles and rockin' so hard, can't nobody tell me I'm not 40/40!

Is this his biggest hit or is it When Doves Cry?? Purple Rain?? Diamonds and Pearls??




Sista Fiore Scott considers this to be his best song. (Btw, my absolute favorite day spent with her was actually at a Purple Rain sing-a-long concert in Prospect Park, Brooklyn. No sarcasm nor snark, it was the best day in my life.) Anyhoo, in my humble opinion, when you have an artist like Prince, it is really hard to choose a favorite. Although his success began to wane in the early 90's, 'Pink Cashmere' really did reinforce his brilliance not only as a artist, but as a songwriter also. I LOVE Prince, man...He's incredibly gifted and beautiful. A toast to you, Prince! Hopefully I'll catch you on your next tour


These are just a few of my fav Prince songs. I couldn't decide on just one. You know why? Because its fuckin Prince!


Happy Birthday Darling Prince!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...