Thursday, July 7, 2011

Salute to Me: Happy Birthday Beautiful

Yes I just saluted myself. Yes I did just call myself beautiful. And yes it is my birthday [1].



As I'm typing this I've just finished putting my funfetti cake in the oven and am preparing to head to the hotel room Zipporah Pearce, lemonswithsalt, and I booked for the night. We are going to go out clubbing somewhere or maybe even stay in and have girl time. I just know liquor and ridiculousness will be involved. You jealous Le Chele?

Today is my day, dammit, and I'm going to party like i have a job there's no tomorrow. My theme song for today is this lovely throwback. This is my jam and it is The Jam. Ain't it funky.


As we slowly make our way to 5000 views and continue to gather subscribers, I want to thank all of you readers out there for taking time out to read and comment on our blog. I get warm fuzzies everytime I see the hit counter go up and that people actually appreciate what I have to say. So thanks. Us three ladies will definitely toast to you guys and gals tonight, so I hope you will keep escaping with us.

I gotta give a shout-out to my lovely parents, siblings, uncle, grandfather, cousins, friends, and even to the randoms who sent me facebook well wishes. I wouldn't be what I am or where I am today without their support, pushiness, love, friendship, and presence. I'm 23 years young. I don't feel any older and I even lost a few pounds. I'm headed to grad school in September and I have high hopes for a job. Some money in the bank and a cake in the oven [2]. So life is good.

Happy Birthday to all my fellow Cancers out there (like my lovely lil bro who woke me up with a kiss on the cheek). And Happy Birthday to me. I thank God for another year and for all the blessing I'm sure will come.

 Have a lovely day folks! Peace!

AN: It's been a slow few weeks. It's the summer so the four of us are out enjoying the weather. So the posts have been few and far between. But bear with us and me. We'll be back with more to say soon. And look out for a special 5000 hit post!

[1] It's also Ringo Starr's birthday. So happy birthday Ringo!!!
[2] Not to be confused with bun in the oven. Ain't no babies coming from over here anytime soon without a ring and my own place. Can I get an amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...