Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dear Brother, You're Irking My Soul


Now let me start off by saying that I grew up in a big family with 4 siblings, 1 older and 3 younger. I love them all very much and will shed blood for them in a heartbeat. But sometimes one of those siblings just does something that irks my soul.

My younger brother and I are separated by only 16 months, with me being one year older, and our  personalities are often night and day. I was much closer to my older brother who, although was 3 years older than me, had the same interests and personality quirks. I also used to be the only girl for the longest time until my parents just up and decided to give birth to two more cash drainers. And thus we became 5, 3 boys and 2 girls.

Even now we aren't that close but I still love him dearly and will even get up in the middle of the night to go outside and help him with his car trouble. Now that's love.

But why does a nucca have to go and do such irksome things?

Today's irksome thing of the day: Playing loud music in the middle of the night while I and the rest of the house are trying to sleep. Now I currently reside in the basement (I love my cave), which has the unfortunate side affect of allowing me to hear all upstairs nose in the kitchen/nette, dining room, and living room. I don't particularly care what goes on upstairs as I am quite comfy with my corner office set-up where I can get my work done and surf the web for hours upon hours. But when a sistah's tryna sleep, the most ridiculous thing someone can do is start playing loud music. Now I love me some Trey Songz, but I prefer not to think about his partner's love-faces when I'm trying to get my sleep on.

Did I tell him to stop playing it. Yes, three times. Was it turned off? No. Was that douchey? Yes.

He actually just told me that: "I didn't hear you say turn if off."

That's fine.

But why does he now say, "Well I'm almost done (cleaning the kitchen), just one more song."

Negro what??

What is a tired sister to do? Ah well, life does go on.

Thanks for letting me rant. I'm going to bed.

*Photo complements of this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...