Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Heemy Taught Me! Music I'm Bumping To. (Kinda NSFW)

Two of my best lady friends (and I'm thankful I have so many!) and I were enjoying happy hour and the topic of sexy time in relationships came up. I will admit that I have never had a long term relationship so the idea of sex getting boring, just not happening as often as it used to, or not really lusting after your partner is foreign to me. In the few relationships I've been in, we've been good to go with little coaxing involved [1]. So when it came to advising my friend on how to revive the passion, I really didn't have much to say. I just listened to her and my other friend (who also had dealing with a long term relationship) gab about it.

But one thing that did come up was music. I had advised my friend some months before that music can be key to setting the mood. Having some really smooth sexually-tinged tracks on an itunes playlist. Or just playing around on youtube with your boo and playing some Teddy Pendergrass or some Lauryn Hill can really get you there. Have you ever slow danced in your room with your boo to some Jill Scott or Maxwell? Panty-dropper. You should try it fellas. Thank me later.

My friend did thank me for the advice. She tried that by playing some Robin Thicke and it was clutch. Trust me if you haven't done it already, add some music and step that sex game up. Sexing to some good tunes can set the tempo or could give you and your partner some ideas.

All that being said, here are some artists that are perfect for the Sexy Time Playlist (in no particular order):

1. Maxwell- The Urban Hang Suite



Til The Cops Come Knockin by ice1906

Or really any of his older stuff when he had that wonderful "I'd do him right now" hair.

2. Jill Scott- The Real Thing: Word and Song



Self-explanatory, especially for us big sexy sisters.

3. Bilal- Love For Sale



Lawd Lawd Lawd! That is all.

4. Floetry- Floetic



Why did they have to do solo careers? All they had to do was keep pumping out stuff like this. Seriously.

5. Teddy Pendergrass- Life is a Song Worth Singing



Well. We all know how it's going to go down when you turn this on.

6. Keith Sweat- (Self-Titled)



Have you seen this video? I'm sure you have. How old are these people anyway?

7. Raheem DeVaughn- Jackin' For Beats/ Heemy Taught Me



This video is the business. If you don't have this mixtape. Get it now.

8. Marvin Gaye- Let's Get it On



Another classic panty-dropper. He didn't beat around the bush (ha!).

9. The Roots- Phrenology



Unsurprisingly they have a few beats perfect for sexy time. Another one is with Jill Scott.

10. Prince- Batman Soundtrack (And much much more)



I love how he has that and then he has this.



(Of course I had to give my favorite artist two songs.)

11. D'Angelo- Untitled



All of us lady were all up on the TV when this came on back in the day.

12. Trey Songz- Trey Day



Yeah, Trey Songz has some good stuff. It's still crazy how he worked his way up from his "Just Gotta Make It" days to now.

13. Minnie Riperton- Adventures in Paradise



Yall didn't forget about her did you?

14. Musiq Soulchild- Luvanmusiq



He has some of the most beautiful love songs.

15. Ne-Yo- In My Own Words



Imma try this one day. :D


Well then, that's just a few songs I have one my Sexy Time Playlist. If you are going to have such a playlist (which I always suggest), title it something that won't have you stuttering if your dad is looking for music to play and happens upon it. I go for "Untitled". An ode to D'Angelo if you will. Aiight then:

What songs/artists would you add on your playlist? Does music do it for you and your partner, or does it take something else? Speak on it.


[1] No long term relationships you say? It is what it is. Actually I think it's pretty common for a lot of us younger ladies and fellas to not have been in serious relationships. We've got many more years. Don't sweat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...